YEMOYA international artist residency invites applicants to it’s research/admin associate position. this 6 month apprenticeship-internship program, running twice per year, culminates in a a scholarship position at the residency. see below for further details.
The selected research intern/admin associate will participate in a 6-month apprenticeship with d’bi young anitafrika, where they will receive mentorship and learning opportunities throughout this period. During their time working with d’bi, they will be living on the island of jamaica, receiving the opportunity to live and work abroad. The position will culminate with a scholarship to the widely recognized YEMOYA international artist residency in december of 2012, where they will have the space to build upon their own creative work, working towards a personal artistic goal with the support of mentors and peers. (www.yemoya.org).
DECEMBER to JUNE
JUNE TO DECEMBER
This is a multi-faceted role that involves research, admin, editing, proof-reading, international liaising, and occasional travel.
To provide efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical support to d’bi.young anitafrika, assisting her in managing and prioritizing creative projects as well as researching, editing, and proof-reading for several upcoming project. In tern ms.anitafrika will provide mentorship during the course of the apprenticeship as well as a full scholarship to the candidate to attend the YEMOYA international artist residency.
application process is always open
Interested applicants should contact d’bi.young anitafrika: email@example.com
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY DUTIES
• Manage and maintain ms. anitafrika’s diary
• Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers, etc. and troubleshooting problems
• Conduct weekly diary meetings with ms.anitafrika to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests
• Schedule on behalf of ms.anitafrika meetings between her and her colleagues
• Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for ms.anitafrika match her requirements
• Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to ms.anitafrika by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate
• Manage the process of calling for briefing on behalf of ms.anitafrika from start to finish to ensure that she is fully prepared for all engagements
• Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf ms.anitafrika
• Prepare correspondence on behalf ms.anitafrika, including the drafting of general replies
• Update websites representing d’bi.young anitafrika’s creative projects
• Provide a service that is in line with ms.anitafrika’s work habits and preferences
• Complete research on behalf of ms.anitafrika for her various art projects
• Be primary research assistant
• Edit and proof-read writings on behalf of ms.anitafrika
• Support in the research and development of the YEMOYA international artist residency
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• Have a personal computer to work on
• Demonstrable experience in an administration/executive assistant/PA role requiring tact, judgment and discretion(essential)
• Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel and accommodation (essential)
• Experience of successfully working (essential)
• Public sector experience, for example, in a theatre company or arts organization would be an advantage (desirable)
• Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications
• Expert level in the use of mail organizing program eg. Outlook.
• Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and WordPress. (all essential):
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent d’bi.young anitafrika’s projects.
• Excellent ability to research, edit and proof read.
• Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to filter information and assess priorities
Summary of terms and conditions
There is no salary for this position. This is an opportunity for the candidate to apprentice with d’bi.young anitafrika. The chosen candidate will be provided with mentorship by d’bi.young anitafrika and a scholarship position at YEMOYA international artist residency. The cost of the tourist visa, return ticket to Jamaica and travel to Jamaica are the responsibility of the candidate. If necessary d’bi.young anitafrika will assist the candidate in applying for travel grants to cover the cost of the visa and return ticket.
To be discussed between the candidate and ms.anitafrika
The working week, exclusive of lunch breaks, will be 35 hours per week from Monday to Friday.
The candidate is responsible for their own health coverage while in India.
if the candidate is not from Jamaica then there is a possibility for housing accommodation to be provided. Details to be discussed further with the successful candidate.